Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Brady's first Halloween was a lot of fun. We went trick-or-treating in Old Town Pasadena where there are lots of shops and restaurants. We walked along Colorado Blvd. for just over an hour. It was the most efficient trick-or-treating I've ever experienced, and we got to see more of Old Town than we've ever seen before. Each participating shop had a "Treat Stop" sign on its door. The best was when they would ask what the penguin wants, and then say "Well, what does Mom want?" My mom was happy to join in the fun so she could see Brady as an adorable penguin, and so she could avoid handing out candy back home. Cory was content to stand outside on the sidewalk and observe.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Love the penquin costume! It's even cuter than I'd imagined.

Chelsea said...

Cute costume! And I love the picture of Brady sitting on the pumpkin. Happy Belated Halloween!

Danielle said...

That is one huge pumpkin! Love the costume-that is great that your Mom got to spend Halloween with you, I bet she loved it!

Tiffany said...

So what is it with the christensen girls dressing their kids up as birds? Was Cole a rooster? turkey? maybe a pink flamingo! But I gotta say this too, though, they look adorable as birds!! Brady makes a very cute penguin! The first Halloween is the best! I also love the picture of him on the pumpkins. He is so photogenic!

Trotts said...

Cute Jess! I love the pictures, he looks adorable.

Rachel B. said...

He looks so adorable! Penguins are my favorite animals. Seriously! My mom always buys me penguin everything when she sees them. I have penguin socks and a penguin cookie jar and some other things like that. It all stems back to the time in 7th grade when I had a dream that I was turning into a penguin. Not that you really care, but just thought I'd share. So I guess what I'm asking is...can I have him as part of my collection? (It's late and I'm tired so that's why I sound psycho.)

emily said...

Where do you even find a penguin costume? So cute! Is that your pumpkin he's sitting on? That thing's massive! Glad you had fun....it gets even better as they get older!

Anonymous said...

You all look adorable in the pictures. I'm sure your mom was so grateful to be there for Brady's first Halloween. What a little cutie-pants! Also, thanks for the call last night, we got your message!