Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Enduring the Heat

Are you happy it's almost September? Ever since I graduated I have looked forward to the fall. I am tired of this heat, but I shouldn't complain considering last summer I was pregnant and the temps were 10 to 15 degrees higher. To keep cool, I have been going to Target a lot lately. Actually, the real reason for my three visits in the last five days is because of the Web coupon Target has right now. If I didn't send you the email, I apologize, but here is the link to the coupon: http://coupons.50webs.org/coupons37/coupon2.html
Notice that the coupon expires tomorrow, Aug. 15. The deal is $1 off any two Gerber baby food items. Since some of the jars are only 52 cents, you can get them for 2 cents each. You can print as many as you feel comfortable with and do it all in one transaction. The coupon does not say "one coupon per person" so print a bunch.

I went to two different Target stores. Friday night the cashier supervisor rang me up and scanned all 22 of my coupons with no problems. Cory and I went again Saturday and I really had to work for it. The cashier flagged down the cashier supervisor because my coupons looked "suspicious." The supervisor said I could only use one coupon for my transaction. I told him that wasn't true. He read the small print on the coupon and after maintaining my stand that the coupon says "one coupon per offer" and not "one coupon per customer," and requesting to speak to his manager, he finally decided it wasn't worth it and let me use my 20 coupons. You may be wondering where Cory was during our little dispute. Yes, he was there, hiding behind the cart and Brady's car seat, hoping people would think he was just the next customer in line. He was proud of my effort, and my will to get my way, but confrontation is not his thing. I actually don't thrive on confrontation and I would have rather avoided it all together, but there was no way I was backing down.
I do complain about a lack of space in our apartment, but somehow I managed to fill the pantry with baby food. I may or may not go back tomorrow, but so far I have spent $9.50 and gotten $67.30 worth of baby food and cereal. The earliest these jars expire is October 2008 and some say June 2009 on them, so even if you are barely pregnant, you could still make use out of this deal and I wouldn't think less of you.

Cory has a semester break this week and next week so we're trying to do some fun things around here before we go out of town on Friday. Cory has had a lot of fun with Brady, swinging him around and then handing him off to me when he's about to puke. Okay, that only happened once...so far.


I've tried to get a decent picture of Brady's two bottom teeth, but his tongue is always in the way. As soon as I get one I'll post it on here. I am still nursing and he hasn't bitten me yet. (Some of you have been asking.) I'm waiting for it too, but thankfully he still hasn't tried that trick yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the story about the baby food! What a blessing to have found that online coupon. Not only did you get a great deal, but now you have lots of food storage for Brady too.

I hope you guys have fun on your trip!

emily said...

I think the will to get a good deal and not backing down when you know (or even just think!) you're right is the Andrus side in you. I can be that way at times, but boy, Tiffany is queen!