Once all our family left town we didn't have much else going on in January.
I did host a baby shower for my good friend Haylie mid-month.
I usually don't love January, but somehow this year it went by really fast. I'm sure being pregnant helps. I wasn't stressing about losing holiday weight.
This is Colin's version of a funny face.
This is probably my favorite shot of the month. Serious and smiley. That's just how they roll.
One Saturday morning I was working out in the basement. Brooke and Brady had gone to play upstairs, leaving Colin to roam free. That's never a good idea. This time Colin decided he needed a snack. He came downstairs and asked me for one, and I told him he could have a snack when I was finished. Apparently that answer didn't satisfy him. He proceeded to get out the open box of Cheerios and pour some into a bowl. As you can see, he may have missed the bowl. I heard a crash, but I figured what's done is done and finished my workout. By the time I came up, Brooke and Brady had come down and were helping Colin eat the Cheerios off the floor. I suggested they all get bowls and see who could pick up the most. I had just swept and mopped the day before, which was good and bad. Less cereal wasted, but the work had to be duplicated.
I'm sure this is not the last of this type of mess. Colin thinks he can do everything himself now, except when it's something I've asked him to do. Then he whines, "I can't". But much of the time he's demanding, "I do it!" He likes to get his own bowl, plate, silverware, and water from the fridge. He's mastered moving the bar stools around the kitchen to get what he wants. We've never had a climber like this before, and it's exhausting trying to keep the damage to a minimum.
Brooke is getting more creative with her hair, and has some wild requests lately. She wanted me to take a picture of these braids before she left for school.
We had Jace over to play the end of the month. These two get along great, and Jace encourages Brooke's imaginative play.
We also hosted our first quarterly potluck dinner with our former neighbors the end of the month. It's nice to spend time with them, and I'm looking forward to it every quarter.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment