Friday, January 30, 2015

Brady is 8

We celebrated Brady's 8th birthday December 31.  Brady feels he has to wait the longest because his birthday is the last possible day of the year.  I don't think he's seeing the logic there, but we still try to make it special for him.  I made an orange cake with blue frosting, in honor of the Broncos who were still looking pretty good at the time.
 His grandparents flew in just in time for us to go to dinner at Brady's favorite restaurant, Golden Corral.  He basically ate a little fruit, chips with nacho cheese sauce, pizza and ice cream.  Name a kid that wouldn't want to go there with those options.  Afterward we played games at Boondocks and the kids brought home more cheap toys.  Yay.
 Brady got a Lego book from his grandparents.  Hopefully he'll get some ideas from there because, let's just say, Brady is no master builder.  

We gave him a Ripstik, which he has been practicing riding in the garage.  It will take some time to master, but I'm hoping that will keep him busy outside when the weather is warmer.
 Blue frosting makes for fun birthday smiles.
I can't believe this boy is 8.  There's no way we have been parents that long.  You'd think we would have a better idea what we're doing by now!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Your kids have gotten so big!!