Is he really only 9 months old? Colin's babyhood has seemed like an eternity. As I watched him crawling around the Relief Society room today I realized we've got another long 9 months before we can pass him off to the nursery leaders. Why did I have to be the primary chorister when Brooke was a baby? She was a lot easier at church!
Here's the best news about the most recent month of Colin's life: He is finally sleeping through the night!!! He sleeps between 9 and 10 hours, usually waking up around 6:30am. It was a rough couple of weeks, but I'm so glad we did it. If only I could get myself to bed sooner at night I'd get enough sleep. But it's been SO nice getting started on my day bright and early and not feeling the need to go back to bed for another hour or two.
So our lives with this baby aren't perfect or even that great much of the time, despite the few cute pictures I was able to capture this month. I just wanted to make that known, in case you weren't quite sure.
Colin has graduated from the baby bathtub. Bring on the rubber duckies!
What? A picture of all three kids smiling? Unheard of!
Now this kid is the BEST at the water park. He just sits in the water and doesn't make a peep. By far my favorite shot of the summer, so far.
Triumph! He's making it to the top of the stairs without falling, but I still don't let him try without following him the whole way.
This is one way to keep him off the stairs. The kids are both great and jumping up and running to grab him once his feet have left the floor.
As you may have seen in the video, Colin is a MOVER. He cannot sit on a lap for more than 2 minutes without arching his back and twisting around to stand up. He's walking along furniture now with little effort. We thought we'd try this toy, but he's not quite there yet. My prediction is that he'll starting walking independently when he's 11 months.


3 comments:
Yeah for sleeping through the night!! I'll have to refer back to this post when we're training this next little one. I always forget how hard it is at first, but how it really does work and how awesome it is in the end. Congrats on getting a picture of all 3 kids smiling at the same time too!
Love the picture of all three of them together!! Priceless! :)
Jessica! I soooo love all these smiley pictures. Gotta come try the park days out sometime soon, it's just been crazy busy but now it's starting to settle down. Miss ya! Mánon;)
Post a Comment