Monday, July 16, 2012

Vomit and Chickens

It's pretty rare that we get sick around here, so when Brooke told me yesterday, "Mommy, my tummy's hurting.  I can't go to church," I just brushed it off thinking she was acting way too old for her 2 1/2 years.  Then she didn't eat much dinner last night and we assumed she'd had a lot of snacks in nursery.  But when she threw up in her bed at 9:30 last night we put the pieces together.  She's been putting her hands in her mouth a lot lately, so that could be the problem.  I just hope nobody at church was exposed.
So we slept with our door open and she puked two more times in the night.  (Poor thing can't seem to figure out what that bowl was lying there for.  Fun for me!)
My worry about her may be why I had such an odd dream.  I was watching myself on the operating table during a c-section.  I excitedly anticipated them pulling out the baby, but out came a chicken instead!  I was disgusted and wanted this pregnancy to be over.
It's going to be a long two months, as things are getting crazy around here.  I'm house bound today, so thanks for humoring me by reading this random post.

4 comments:

The Mattinson's said...

Sad night. I hate when kids throw up it is so sad! Feel for you!

Reary Family said...

I wasn't sure by the title if I should even read this post. Kids throwing up is the worst, especially when they miss the bowl. Yuck. Aren't pregnancy dreams so funny? I have been having some weird ones lately, but not about chickens.

The Higginbothams said...

Sorry Terra, that is kind of a gross title. I hope it didn't make you nauseated. :)

Jenna said...

So funny! It's so nice when they can actually make it to the toilet in time. Cyrena almost always can but she threw up in the middle aisle of Target last week--horrifying.