Saturday, October 16, 2010

Brady's Treasures

Brady has been collecting "treasures" out at the playground lately. His collection usually consists of wood chips, leaves and pebbles and we require him to leave them outside. He wants to keep them as close as possible, so here they are on our door mat.
When Brady had a cold a few weeks ago he said, "Don't touch me, I have cold on me" when I tickled him.
Brady's cousin Riley is always giggling about something she said. When she was here two weeks ago Brady said, "Oh no, Riley's cracking herself up again."
Brady told me "When it gets cold outside someday, I'm going to be shivering all the time." Fall is here, and he's found his sweats.
The other night Brady was reading his BYU book and saw Cosmo. He said, "Someday when I'm not this boy, and I don't have these eyes, I want to be Cosmo instead."
Brady has been selecting his outfits for a few months now. Sometimes he'll accept my suggestions, but he usually wants "easy pants" which have no snaps, buttons or zippers.
For the past few weeks Brady has gone upstairs by himself to change into his Pull-up and pajamas. This is a huge milestone.
Brady and his tummy often disagree. Brady's tummy wants one thing, but he wants another. His tummy is the one that wants the wrong choice, or the devil on his shoulder, so to speak. "My tummy wants to eat candy before dinner." "My tummy doesn't want to go to bed." I find it interesting that he distinguishes the two.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Great picture! Cyrena is a collector too...in fact when we moved we had to sneak an entire egg carton full of rocks outside instead of bringing it with us. Oh he is so funny and growing up so fast.

Rachel B. said...

The tummy devil is hilarious. And that really is a great picture. Did you get a a new camera? Not that your other pictures are bad, this one just looks so professional. Also, keep me on the list to go to things like the Dairy farm. I actually thought that sounded really fun, but Reese had preschool that morning.

Diane said...

It was so great to talk to you guys today! Brady is getting so big, I can't even believe it. I love the picture! Did you edit it or do anything to it?

The Higginbothams said...

I made the photo a little brighter, and I darkened the edges. No new camera, just a little editing did the trick.